CHRISTIAN NEWS

Poll: 58% of Americans Believe Abortion Should be Illegal in Most or All Circumstances

A recent CNN poll shows that 38% of Americans believe that abortion should be illegal in most circumstances but legal in a few circumstances, and 20% saying that abortion should always be illegal, combining to a total of 58% of Americans who believe that

3/10/2014

A recent CNN poll shows that 38% of Americans believe that abortion should be illegal in most circumstances but legal in a few circumstances, and 20% saying that abortion should always be illegal, combining to a total of 58% of Americans who believe that abortion should be illegal in either many or all circumstances.

Another 27% of Americans believe abortion should be legal in all circumstances, and 13% believe it should be legal in most circumstances. The CNN poll shows that Americans remain divided over an increasingly partisan issue, with smaller percentages of Americans taking extreme positions on either side.

CNN Polling Director Keating Holland commented on the findings.

“Not surprisingly, abortion remains an issue on which there are wide partisan differences,” Holland said, adding, “Republicans are twice as likely as Democrats to say that abortion should always be illegal. But only a minority of the rank-and-file members of both parties take an extreme position on the issue, with just 31% of Republicans calling for a complete ban on abortion and just 32% of Democrats saying that abortion should be legal in all circumstances.”

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here!