In recent days, two ceasefire agreements for humanitarian purposes have failed as Hamas terrorists continue its barrage of missile attacks on Israel.
“The initial idea of the lull was to enable Gazans to stock up on supplies and bury their dead,” according to The Independent.
Palestinian officials claim the death toll has reached more than 1,000 during the 20-day offensive.
The Jewish Press reports more casualties mounted Monday after a failed rocket launch.
“Earlier this evening, a Hamas Fajr long range rocket launched towards Central Israel from a playground outside Shifa hospital in Gaza, failed to launch correctly and exploded, causing wounded and fatalities, including children.”
Nine wounded children were taken to Beer Sheva Saroka hospital where Israeli doctors provided medical care. Most of the wounded are in serious to critical condition.
Israel's Minister of Intelligence, Yuval Steinitz, explained during an intelligence briefing at the Government Press Office in Jerusalem, that the recent ground incursion revealed troubling new discoveries about the use of tunnels by Hamas militants.
"Before the conflict we had good intelligence about tunnels. What we didn't know is where they were appearing inside Israel,” said Steinitz.
"According to commitments on White House lawn 20 years ago, Gaza was to remain permanently demilitarized,” said Steinitz.
While President Obama told Prime Minister Netanyahu any agreement “must ensure the disarmament of terrorist groups and the demilitarization of Gaza,” Steinitz maintains the Oslo Accords signed September 13, 1993 already call for demilitarization, which Hamas terrorists have broken.
"According to commitments on White House lawn twenty years ago, Gaza was to remain permanently demilitarized,” said Steinitz.
Publication date: July 28, 2014